What are Conversions?
Conversions are the number of visitors who have taken the action you wanted on your site divided by the total number of visitors. Therefore, a Conversion Rate is a measure of your ability to persuade visitors to take the action you want them to take. It’s a reflection of your effectiveness and customer satisfaction. For you to achieve your goals, visitors must first achieve theirs.
Types of conversions
- A completed purchase
- A submitted form
- A button or link click
- Reaching a particular page
What is a Landing Page?
A landing page, lead capture page, or leader is a single web page that appears in response to a user clicking a hyperlink. The best landing pages are targeted to a specific demographic, ie. from an email campaign advertising a particular white-paper. If a landing page targets the correct audience and provides the readers with value you will have a better chance of converting a higher percentage of your website visitors into leads or sales.
Types of Landing pageS
- Click Through Landing Pages: This is a very simple form of landing page. The sole purpose is to provide the necessary details about an offer, explaining the benefits and context of use in such a way as to convince a prospect to progress to the point of purchase.
- Lead Capture Landing Pages: Often referred to as Squeeze pages, the purpose of lead capture landing pages is to gather personal data from the visitor, usually beginning with their name and email address.
- Infomercial Landing Pages: As implied by the name, these landing pages are the infomercials of the online marketing world.
- Viral Landing Pages: Companies that try to create viral buzz are usually doing so in order to build brand awareness.
- Microsites: A microsite is a small but completely supplementary website used for fairly large campaigns.
- Product Detail Landing Pages: A common style of landing page in the retail industry is the Product Detail landing page.
What is a good conversion rate for a landing page?
There are many different factors that will determine the average landing page conversion rates for any one specific industry. One example is product differences this can be a significant factor. Let’s say your site sells $10 shin guards for soccer players and another site features $200 soccer shoes, odds are that the two sites will have significantly different conversion rates due to the price of their products alone. Below in a marketing research chart from Marketingsherpa.com shows the average website conversion rate, by industry.
How to increase conversion rates on a landing page
Improving your landing page conversions rate can seem like a daunting task. What I have learned from extensive research is that there are many ways to improve your conversion rate optimization even on the best of landing pages. Besides the obvious how to lists you can read about online, there was one element that caught my attention and that was video.
Video should be used on your landing pages whenever possible. It provides a passive engagement medium where visitors can experience your message with very little effort. People have been glued to TV screens since the middle of the 20th century. Video on the web has had a similarly dramatic impact on the way content is consumed, resulting in YouTube becoming the web’s “second search engine”. Last year three billion videos streamed on YouTube every day, and studies conducted that have shown by using video on landing pages you can increase conversions by 80%.
A FEW reasons why video can lift your landing page conversion rates
- Videos increase the length of time people stay on your page, giving your brand message longer to sink in.
- If you feature yourself or company employees in the video, the trust factor is raised significantly.
- People are lazy and prefer to watch vs. read.
OVER 90% OF INTERNET TRAFFIC IS VIDEO CONTENT
VIDEO CONSTITUTES 50% OF MOBILE WIRELESS NETWORK TRAFFIC, RISING TO 66% BY 2017
YOUTUBE IS NOW 28% OF ALL GOOGLE SEARCHES, OVER ONE BILLION UNIQUE USERS VISIT YOUTUBE EACH MONTH
AN INTERNET USERS WATCHES 186 VIDEOS ON AVERAGE EACH MONTH
42% OF VIDEOS VIEWED ON A TABLET ARE OVER TEN MINUTES IN DURATION
With all this valuable information having a video produced and incorporated into your web marketing strategy makes sense. At Green Screen Talent Now, our talented staff and actors can provide you with a high quality spokesperson video the will increase conversion rates for any industry. Get started with Green Screen Talent Now and see how we can make a great video for your company.