The Importance of Website Videos
Why do websites that boast video content perform better than those with static elements? Why are website videos now considered valuable SEO tools? To answer these questions in a succinct, thorough manner, we must first understand why videos are preferred by today’s multi-cultural demographic:
1. Website Videos are Interactive and Informative
Many Internet users today prefer to watch a video-based piece of content, even just for news, rather than just look at photos or read copy-based content. Videos are, as many social media-savvy people put it, “interesting and fun,” and are often compared to actually watching a film as opposed to hearing about it from a friend. Further, videos allow site visitors to actually see what a business or service provider has to offer. Additionally, many website developers also use videos to make their sites more interactive – helping draw a great deal of attention and interest, this tactic also allows videos to introduce a new product or service while asking visitors to share opinions on what they saw. This draws and generates buzz around that particular product or service.
2. Website Videos Create More Engaging Content
Without a doubt, video-based material is more engaging compared to static content, and this is precisely why people have been preferring to watch videos rather than read text-based write-ups and such. Video is easier to relate to, and the members of today’s tech-oriented society like watching more than merely reading something. If a site is engaging it can sustain the interest of visitors, and since videos are a more popular way of sharing information today, they will add more pizazz and spice to a website. Videos make visitors stay longer on a site as well, thus reducing what we call “bounce rates;” this translates to the majority of people visiting the site actually browsing through content and pages staying longer, so the site gets better value.
3. Videos Work to a Website’s Advantage
The main purpose of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is to increase a website’s rank, but this no longer becomes a worrisome factor when videos attract a significant number of visitors to stay longer on the site. It is vital, though, that this video-based content has a lasting and engaging effect on visitors – keeping visitors interested in every video placed on a website is one of the most important factors when creating website videos.
Finally, here are some things to keep in mind if you’re looking for videos to boost your site’s traffic:
• Be sure every video posted is accompanied by a keyword-rich label.
• Use relevant keywords when describing your videos to let your audience know what the video is about.
• There are some instances – such as when the video is designed for explaining certain product or services uses –that rely heavily on transcription of what is being said; but, as always, be mindful of keyword use.
• Consider and then implement a website spokesperson, or web video spokesperson, including a live web actor; alive spokesperson for website use is a powerful marketing tactic being used today by companies large and small.
• Find a proper way of linking video posts to your website’s other pages – be more creative than using just “click this link” or “click here.”
Essentially, website videos work because they can dramatically introduce visitors to what your site is really about – they just don’t tell, they show.
Leave a Comment