Top Reasons to Include Visual Content on Your Website
It doesn’t matter if you’re a self-proclaimed “champion of visual content” or are looking for some affirmation – perhaps even interested in getting your feet wet in the burgeoning visual content space pool – it is a fact that those who have embraced visual content are seeing huge returns with regard to more readers of their site, leads and, ultimately, customers, which of course means more REVENUE. Does this sound like something you may be missing out on?
Here are some statistics that help make our case for stressing the use of visual content in your marketing and/or on your website:
- According to industry giants such as Zabisco and the 3M Corporation, some 90-percent of information transmitted to our brains is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000 times faster in the brain than text.
- As compared to garden-variety text, 40-percent of humans respond more intuitively to visual information cues.
- With just a swipe of a mouse and a few minutes to look at a website, 46.1-percent of online surfers have reported saying a website’s design is the number-one criterion for discerning the credibility of the company.
- In the publishing world, an industry once dominated by text-based approaches, the use of infographics tends to bring in traffic 12-percent more steadily than approaches that don’t.
- Compared to plain text posts, those with videos attached to them attract three times more inbound links.
- The engagement factor is important – and visual content drives engagement. It is a fact that just one mere month after Facebook’s timeline for brands was introduced, visual content elements – that is, photos and videos – saw a 65-percent increase in engagement.
…And this brings us to the social media factor and how it is playing a huge role in visual content marketing:
- On Facebook alone, photos tend to perform best to elicit actions such as likes, comments and shares with links, video and text following close behind.
- Some 37-percent of Pinterest account holders log in multiple times a week, with 28-percent reporting logging in many times a month, 15-percent reporting once daily and 10-percent reporting logging in numerous times a day.
- Surveyed Pinterest account holders, 98-percent of them to be exact, claim they also have a Facebook and/or Twitter account.
- Platforms such as Pinterest drive sales directly from their sites – consider that of people holding Pinterest accounts, 21-percent of them have purchased an item after seeing it on the Pinterest site.
What About YouTube and Online Videos?
- Watching online videos has taken the consumer buying market and attention-grabbing arena by storm, with 85-percent of the Internet audience in the U.S. reporting watching videos online. According to research, it’s the 25 to 34 year-old age group that watches the most online videos, with adult males spending 40-percent more time watching than females.
- Over 60 hours of videos are uploaded every minute on YouTube, and 700 of them are shared on Twitter every minute.
- Viewers spend 100-percent more time on pages with videos embedded within them compared to pages without.
Then There’s the Video Spokesperson…
Offering such benefits as premium quality audio and video clarity, videos that work on all websites and increased web sales and profits, spokesperson video has become a very popular marketing technique. A video spokesperson can become the online face of a business, delivering the exact message you want your visitors to hear. Video spokespersons have also come to be known as:
– Talking video
– Website avatar
– Talking greeter
– Virtual greeter
– Walk-on actor
– Website greeter
– Transparent video
– Virtual face on web
– Web spokesmodel
– Online salesperson
But no matter what you call it, a live video spokesperson is the best way to interact with website visitors like never before.
Looking these statistics over, it’s clear that visual content has become a must-have when building or revamping a website. Some of the best unique website content will include infographic data, a live video spokesperson, infographics for business and more, with companies such as Green Screen Talent Now possessing all the solutions to this equation.
Leave a Comment